Raw Banana Fry, Easy & Healthy Snack Recipe
Raw Banana Fry is a healthy recipe prepared by tossing thinly sliced raw banana with some spices in minimum oil until crisp.
It makes for a good side dish as well as a healthy snack to munch on. Being a vegetarian, I always try to include as many vegetables in my diet. Raw banana makes a constant feature in my weekly menu plans. All my family members love it and it is so versatile to use it in different ways. Though this variant is my family favorite, so I end up making Raw Banana Fry to munch on, during teatime or any time of the day when sudden hunger strikes.
The crispy texture and tangy taste make it so delicious. Finish it with lime juice and you have a perfect healthy snack to hog on to. This can also be served as a side dish or can be packed in a lunch box.
Video Recipe –
How to Prepare for Raw Banana Fry –
It is the simplest of the dish. Peel and thinly slice banana just before making it. Do not cut it in advance else bananas will oxidize and turn black. In case you have cut in advance, soak it in water with some salt to prevent from oxidizing. Keep ready all the suggested spices.
How to make raw banana fry –
Heat oil in a pan. Splutter cumin seeds and add turmeric powder. Add thinly sliced raw banana and salt. Mix well, cover and cook for 2-3 mins on a low flame. Add remaining spices. Cook till crisp brown. Finish it with mint powder, dried coriander powder and lime juice.
Other Snacks Similar Recipes –
Step by Step Raw Banana Recipe –
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Iron skillet/kadai is preferred.
2. Add cumin seeds, let it splutter. Next, add turmeric powder and mix well.
3. Then add peeled and thinly sliced raw banana and salt. Mix well.
4. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins on a low flame.
5. Add red chilli powder, chaat masala, black salt and mix well.
6. Cook on a low flame till golden brown and crisp.
7. Switch off the flame. Add mint powder, dried coriander powder and lime juice.
8. Mix well and serve.
If you try this recipe please do let me know in the comment section. I would be happy to receive your feedback on my Social Media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
You can also pin this on Pinterest recipe for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Raw Banana Fry
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 Tsp
- Raw Banana Peeled and Thinly Sliced - 500 gms
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 Tsp
- Chat Masala - 1 Tsp
- Black Salt to taste
- Mint Powder - 1 Tsp
- Dry Coriander Powder - 1 Tsp
- Lime Juice - 1 Tsp
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Iron skillet/kadai is preferred.
- Add cumin seeds, let it splutter. Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Next, add peeled and thinly sliced raw banana and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 mins on a low flame.
- Add red chilli powder, chaat masala, black salt and mix well.
- Cook on a low flame till golden brown and crisp.
- Switch off the flame. Add mint powder, dried coriander powder and lime juice.
- Mix well and serve.
736394 32558Its almost impossible to uncover knowledgeable males and women during this topic, even so you sound like do you know what youre discussing! Thanks 262820
161754 487591Extremely nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that Ive truly enjoyed surfing about your weblog posts. Soon after all I is going to be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write once more extremely soon! 187949
78802 905478Outstanding post, I believe weblog owners should larn a great deal from this weblog its truly user genial . 108609