Raw Banana Curry
Raw Banana Curry with step-by-step photo and video recipe.
This version of Raw Banana Curry is No Onion No Garlic Jain Recipe.
Whenever we have guests at home for lunch or dinner, I like to serve them meals which are different than we usually eat at home on a daily basis.
My in-laws and other relatives do not prefer to eat onion and garlic on most occasions. Few of them have even never tasted it, so I keep trying different sabji recipes for them.
This is one of the recipes I tried for a get together at home. It turned so delicious and everyone loved it.
It is full of flavours and is prepared with healthy pantry ingredients.
Raw banana is full of nutritional value and this healthy ingredient makes for a great substitute of potatoes. We make sure to include raw banana atleast once a week, in our meals.
This kache kele is sabji is sure to give you run for any other restaurant style sabzi. The blend of amazing ingredients like tomatoes and peanuts make this Indian curry creamy, spicy and tangy.
There are different Kacche kele ki sabji that we make at home. It is one of the staples at out home.
Other Raw Banana Recipes –
Kache Kele Vade (Raw Banana Bonda)
Video Recipe –
This Recipe of Raw Banana Curry is –
1. Easy to make
2. Vegan & Gluten Free
3. No Onion No Garlic
4. Jain Recipe
5. Made with easy pantry ingredients
More sabzi recipes from my kitchen –
How to prepare for Raw Banana Curry –
Peel and cut banana into 1-inch pieces. Roughly chop tomatoes, roast peanut and keep other spices and ingredients ready.
How to make Kache Kele ki Sabji at Home–
Heat oil, cook raw banana till tender and crisp, set aside.
In a blender make a puree of tomato, roasted peanut and turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
In the same pan, heat more oil and add the puree, kasuri methi and kashmiri red chilli powder. Mix well. Cover and cook. Finish with and garam masala and coriander leaves. Adjust the consistency and give a boil.
Finally add cooked raw banana. Serve hot.
Things to keep in mind while making Raw Banana Curry –
1. Add salt and water to the raw bananas, right after cutting them. Else banana with start turning black due to oxidization.
2. The gravy will thicken with time due to the addition of peanuts, so keep the consistency accordingly.
3. Keep the flame medium while cooking bananas to ensure even and proper cooking from inside. Cook till crisp and tender.
4. Cook gravy till it start to leave oil from sides.
5. Adjust spices as per taste. This sabji recipe will have spicy, creamy and tangy taste.
Step by Step Recipe of Raw Banana Curry –
Cook bananas –
1. Peel and cut bananas into 1-inch pieces. Prick using fork.
2. Sprinkle salt and dip cut bananas in water. Let it rest for 10 mins.
3. Strain excess water.
4. Heat oil in a kadai. Add bananas, cover and cook on a medium flame till tender.
5. Stir once or twice in between to prevent sticking from the bottom of the pan.
6. Uncover, cook on a high flame till crisp.
7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Prepare Gravy –
8. In a mixer jar, add roughly chopped tomatoes, roasted peanuts, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
9. Blend into fine puree.
10. In the same pan, heat more oil. Add in the puree.
11. To it add kasuri methi and kashmiri red chili powder. Mix well.
12. Cover & cook for 4 – 5 mins. Stir in between.
13. Uncover and cook till it starts to leave oil from sides.
14. Finish with garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
15. Add water to adjust consistency. Give it a boil.
16. Finally add cooked raw bananas. Mix well.
17. Serve hot with roti, paratha or puri.
How to serve Raw Banana Curry –
Raw banana curry makes for a delicious side dish with roti, paratha or puri.
Serve it with pulao , raita, dal, salad and roti to make a complete meal.
If you try this recipe please do let me know in the comment section. I would be happy to receive your feedback on my Social Media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
You can also pin this on Pinterest recipe for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Raw Banana Curry
- 1 Kg Raw Banana (Peeled and Cut into 1 inch)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Water as required
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 4 Nos. Tomato
- Roughly Chopped
- 1/4th Roasted Peanut
- 1/4th Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1/4th Tsp Sugar (Optional)
Cook bananas -
- Peel and cut bananas into 1-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle salt and dip cut bananas in water. Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Strain excess water.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add bananas, cover and cook on a medium flame till tender.
- Stir once or twice in between to prevent sticking from the bottom of the pan.
- Uncover, cook on a high flame till crisp.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Prepare Gravy –
- In a mixer jar, add roughly chopped tomatoes, roasted peanuts, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Blend into fine puree.
- In the same pan, heat more oil. Add in the puree.
- To it add kasuri methi and kashmiri red chili powder. Mix well.
- Cover & cook for 4 – 5 mins. Stir in between.
- Uncover and cook till it starts to leave oil from sides.
- Finish with garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
- Add water to adjust consistency. Give it a boil.
- Finally add cooked raw bananas. Mix well.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or puri.
Leave a Reply