Matar Ke Pakore Recipe with step-by-step photo and video recipe.
Peas pakora, matar pakode, bhajiye, hare matar ke pakore are the various names for this recipe. This winter special peas recipe is absolute favorite at home.
I discovered this recipe only after my marriage when my nani (in-law) served it at her place. Right after the first bite I knew this recipe has to be shared with everyone out there.
Finally, this winter I decided to shoot and share this recipe with you all.
Such heirloom recipes are a real treasure for me and close to my heart. It is the simplest pakora recipe that anyone can make.
Though you can make this pakode using frozen peas as well, but nothing like fresh peas during winters.
More Similar Recipes You May Like –
This recipe of Matar Ke Pakore is –
1. Healthy & tasty
4. Heirloom Recipe
5. Easy to cook
Pre preparation for Matar Ke Pakode –
Peel peas (matar) and keep ready. You can also peel them well in advance for easy and quick cooking.
Prepare the batter by mixing gram flour and other suggested spices. Add in the peas just before frying.
How to make Matar Ke Pakore –
Heat oil to medium heat. Check the temperature by dropping batter to the oil, it should rise immediately.
Drop in one-by-one matar and deep fry till golden brown. Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot with green chutney and ketchup.
Things to keep in mind to make perfect Hare Matar Pakora –
1. Always keep in check the temperature of oil while frying. It should neither be too hot nor too cold. Keep the temperature to medium for even cooking and perfect frying.
2. Fry in a flat bottom kadai or pan, it will give peas much space to spread, preventing them for sticking to each other.
3. Drop matar one by one using spoon, do not overcrowd the oil.
4. Prefer fresh peas (matar) for best taste.
5. Always taste test the batter and adjust spices as per taste.
6. The batter shouldn’t be too runny or too thick.
7. Keep stirring at a regular interval for even cooking.
Alternative of Deep Frying –
If you wish to enjoy the guilt-free option of this recipe, there are other alternatives to deep-fry.
In place of having fried food you can also bake peas pakora in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C until crisp brown. Make sure to stir once or twice in between.
You can also cook matar ke pakora in air-fryer at 200 °C until done. Make sure to stir at regular intervals.
Though nothing can beat the authentic taste of fried pakora.
How to serve Crispy Green Peas Pakode –
Matar Ke Pakore at my home is always vanished in minutes. This is the actual way you eat it, eat and fry simultaneously. Just kidding 😀
Matar ke pakore is best served crisp hot with ketchup and mint coriander chutney.
Step by Step Recipe of Matar Ke Pakode –
1. In a mixing bowl, add besan (gram flour), salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, hing (asafoetida), coriander leaves and mix well.
2. Add water in small quantity to make a smooth and lump free batter.
3. Next add fresh peas (matar) and oil in the batter.
4. Mix everything well. Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai to deep fry pakoras.
5. Deep fry on a medium flame till golden brown.
6. Serve hot with the dip of your choice.
You can also pin this recipe on ttps://in.pinterest.com/dinedelicious/boards/ for future referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube for detailed video recipes.
Matar Ke Pakore
- 1 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4th Tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Peas (Matar)
- Water as required
- 1 Tsp Oil
- Oil for frying
- Chaat Masala
- In a mixing bowl, add besan (gram flour), salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, hing (asafoetida), coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add water in small quantity to make a smooth and lump free batter.
- Nex tadd fresh peas (matar) and oil in the batter.
- Mix everything well. Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai to deep fry pakoras.
- Deep fry on a medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve hot with the dip of your choice.
- You can also add a Tbsp of rice flour to make it crispier.
- Use a spoon to drop peas for even size.
- Adjust spices as per taste.