Sweet Potato is a very versatile ingredient and full of nutrition. There are many ways it can be used and Sweet Potato & Carrot Salad is one of them.
It is a sweet and tangy salad with the crunch of peanut. It makes for a great side dish. The flavorful dressing makes it so delicious.
The best part of making salads at home is that it gives the liberty to customize as per taste.
As sweet potato and carrots are both sweet in taste, I add tangy dressing and pomegranate to balance the flavours.
To be honest, when I was doing the trails for Sweet Potato salad, I did not expect it to be that good. With few changes in the dressing and I got the best combination with the burst of flavours in it. Since then it is one of the family’s favourite sweet potato salad and we do not miss a chance to make it.
It is a very simple salad and can be prepared with easily available ingredients.
Video Recipe –
How to prepare for Sweet Potato & Carrot Salad –
Boil sweet potatoes, let it cool, peel and cut. Peel and cut carrots and also peel a pomegranate. Keep ready sweet and spicy coriander-mint chutney and other spices for dressing.
How to make Sweet Potato Salad –
It is very easy to make this salad. All it needs is a good mix once the ingredients are ready.
In a mixing bowl mix together everything and serve immediately.
Other Salad Recipes –
How to Serve Sweet Potato and Carrot Salad –
The salad makes for a great side dish and a starter. It can also be consumed as a whole meal for lunch. It helps in weight-loss and a perfect dish to add to a diet plan.
If you are preparing the salad to have immediately, toss all the ingredients together and you are good to go.
In case you want to serve it for a lunch or dinner party, keep ready everything, prepare the dressing separately and mix right before serving.
In a mixing bowl add extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, chutney, salt, black salt, chat masala and black pepper. Mix everything well and set aside.
How to make Sweet & Spicy Mint- Coriander Chutney –
In a blender jar add a handful of both coriander and mint. To it add lime juice, salt, green chilli and jaggery (1 Tsp each). Add water as required and blend to a smooth puree.
You can preserve the remaining chutney in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for later use.
Variations of Sweet Potato Salad –
You can also roast potatoes on an open flame, instead of boiling, to give smoky flavour.
In place of sweet and spicy coriander-mint chutney, you can also use sweet tamarind and date chutney for a different flavour.
In place of peanuts or along with it you can use other roasted nuts of your choice.
Things to keep in mind while making a salad at home –
1. Make sure the sweet potatoes are not over-boiled. It should be soft yet firm.
2. You can refrigerate the sweet potatoes after boiling to get perfect firmness.
3. Use chilled and fresh ingredients for better taste.
4. Serve it immediately after mixing everything else it will not taste good.
5. If you want to serve later, do all the preparation. Boil potatoes, cut and refrigerate, peel and cut carrot, make chutney in advance, mix everything for dressing. Refrigerate everything separately in an air-tight container and mix right before serving.
Step by Step Recipe of Sweet Potato & Carrot Salad –
1. Wash, clean and boil sweet potatoes.
2. Let it cool, peel and cut into pieces.
3. Peel and cut carrots.
4.. Prepare sweet and spicy coriander-mint chutney in advance and let it chill.
5. In a mixing bowl add boiled potatoes, carrots, pomegranate, crushed roasted peanut, finely chopped coriander leaves, chat masala, black salt, salt, black pepper, lime juice, sweet and spicy coriander-mint chutney and extra virgin olive oil.
6. Add finely chopped coriander for freshness.
7. Mix well and serve immediately.
You can also pin on Pinterest this recipe for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Sweet Potato & Carrot Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- Pressure Cooker
- 11/2 Cups Boiled and peeled Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Cup Peeled & Diced Carrot
- 1/4th Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Crushed Peanut
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Black Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Chat Masala
- Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Sweet & Spicy Coriander-Mint Chutney
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- Wash, clean and boil sweet potatoes.
- Let it cool, peel and cut into pieces.
- Peel and cut carrots.
- Prepare sweet and spicy coriander-mint chutney in advance and let it chill.
- In a mixing bowl add boiled potatoes, carrots, pomegranate, crushed roasted peanut, finely chopped coriander leaves, chat masala, black salt, salt, black pepper, lime juice, sweet and spicy coriander-mint chutney and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add finely chopped coriander for freshness.
- Mix well and serve immediately.