Beetroot & Carrot Salad recipe with step-by-step photo and video.
This salad recipe is one of my favorite beetroot salads. It is fresh, crunchy and full of flavours.
Having shifted to a comparatively healthy lifestyle, we include different salads to our meal on a daily basis.
This salad can be enjoyed as a complete meal. If you on a weight-loss journey or a healthy lifestyle, you can totally replace your meals by this salad.
When we make a switch to a healthy lifestyle, initially it is difficult to completely transform the diet. You can include half portion of salad along with your daily meals and gradually make a shift.
Nutritional Value of Beetroot & Carrot Salad –
Beetroot is rich in iron, fiber, protein, potassium, magnesium and folate.
Carrot has high water content and Vitamins.
Health Benefits of Beetroot Salad –
Beetroot & carrot helps stimulating the metabolic system. Due to the high fiber content, it improves digestion and keeps the gut healthy.
Beetroot acts as a great detoxifier and helps support healthy liver function. Carrot helps to remove toxins from the body effectively.
Video Recipe –
This recipe of Carrot & Beetroot Salad is –
1. Healthy & Nutritious
3. High in fiber
4. Easy & Quick to make
More Interesting Salad Recipes –
How to prepare for Healthy Beet Salad –
Julienne cut beetroot and carrots. I rely on my food processor for this purpose.
Roast, peel and crush the peanuts. Grate fresh coconut.
Keep other suggested ingredients ready.
How to make Beetroot & Carrot Salad –
In a mixing bowl, add grated beetroot and carrot. To it add salt and lime juice, give everything a good mix.
Heat oil in a tadka pan, splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and sesame seeds.
Add tadka to carrot and beetroot.
Mix everything well. Serve chilled.
Things to keep in mind while making Beetroot & Carrot Salad –
1. Make sure to the vegetables do not loose the water content. Serve it immediately after adding salt.
2. If serving later, add salt and tadka just before serving.
3. You can also add whole red chilli or green chilli to spice it up.
Step by step recipe for Beetroot & Carrot Salad –
1. Julienne cut beetroot and carrot. You can use the food processor for ease the job.
2. Transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
3. To it add salt and lime juice. Give it a quick mix.
Prepare Tadka –
4. Heat oil in a tadka pan.
5. Splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and sesame seeds.
Adding Tadka –
6. Add tadka to the salad, right before serving.
7. Finish with roasted crushed groundnut and grated coconut. Give it a quick mix.
8. Serve chilled.
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Beetroot & Carrot Salad
- 2 Nos. Beetroot
- 2 Medium Carrots
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- 1/4th Cup Roasted and Crushed Peanuts
- 1/4th Cup Grated Fresh Coconut
- Julienne cut beetroot and carrot. You can use the food processor for ease the job.
- Transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- To it add salt and lime juice. Give it a quick mix.
Prepare Tadka –
- Heat oil in a tadka pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and sesame seeds.
Adding Tadka –
- Add tadka to the salad, right before serving.
- Finish with roasted crushed groundnut and grated coconut. Give it a quick mix.
- Serve chilled.