Veg Mayo Sandwich
Sandwiches are prepared in various ways. Bread is a common ingredient among different cuisines. There are so many varieties of bread which are prepared and used in different ways.>
This recipe of Veg Mayo Sandwich is easy and quick. It tastes creamy and cheesy and can be customized as per taste. This makes a good kid’s tiffin/lunch or breakfast recipe. I even like to have it for dinner at times when in no mood of cooking. Pair it with cold coffee on a Friday night and the start of your weekend can’t get better.
Only a few ingredients like veggies of choice – onion, tomato, corn, capsicum, cucumber are used along with salt, pepper, oregano and red chilli flakes.
You can either grill, bake, toast or even cook on a tawa. Apply butter generously before cooking and trust me you will love that crackling sound while cutting the sandwich into two. Butter enhances the taste of the sandwich to two times.
Other Sandwich Recipe –
Video Recipe –
You May Also Like –
Preparation Time – 10 Mins.
Cooking Time – 10 Mins.
Serves – 3 – 4
• Deseeded Finely Chopped Cucumber – 3/4th Cup
• Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 Cup
• Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/2 Cup
• Capsicum – 3 Tbsp (Optional)
• Boiled Sweet Corn – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
• Mayonnaise – 2 -3 Tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Oregano – 1 Tsp
• Red Chilli Flakes – 1 Tsp
• Grated processed cheese – 1/4th Cup
• Mint chutney
1. Combine cucumber, onion, tomato, salt, pepper, oregano, red chilli flakes, cheese and mayo in a bowl. Mix well.
Preparing Sandwich –
1. Apply butter on one slice and mint chutney on another slice.
2. Spread the stuffing generously between breads.
1. Apply butter on both sides of the sandwich and grill on a medium low flame on a grill pan till golden brown and crisp.
Tips & Tricks–
• Grilling (cooking) sandwich on low flame makes it crispier.
• Adjust spices (pepper and red chilli flakes) as per taste.
• You can also add spinach to make it healthier.
• Cling wrap the leftover stuffing to keep it fresh for few hours. Though its best to use fresh.
• Deseeding cucumber and tomato is important else the water content on these veggies will make the stuffing watery and sandwich soggy.
Veg mayo sandwich looks delicious. I wl try this receipe for kids lunch box
Yes its quick and easy, which makes it perfect for kids lunch.
This looks so tempting and irresistible..would try to make ot at home this weekend ..thanx for the recipe
My pleasure. Do let me know how it turns out 🙂
I am a great sandwich lover.. thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe will definitely try it
This looks soooo yummy!! Though I’d prefer substituting mayo with Greek yogurt
This is just so yum! I’m definitely making this as a part of my snack time routine for the kids. It’s just delish.
Wow this is so detailed and super easy to make ..i love a good healthy sandwich .
Now I make a lil smaller version of this mayo sandwich , which is a family favourite. I’ll try this one for sure, my son would love it
I love veg sandwiches. But mayo I am allergic to .Would love to try this without the mayo. It’s still going to be tasty.
That’s a great snack for the kids at school or when they come home. Do share the mint chutney recipe too.
This is my kids fav snack … Thanks for sharing one different style easy recipe again
Wow! I love cheese and I love mayo and I am a vegetarian! There is no reason I wouldn’t love this! Definitely going to try it!
This one looks super delicious…..I want to eat things like this every day, every morning….
I’ve never tried this recipe at home. But always love eating this. That’s very quick and easy to follow steps. I would like to try the grilled version of sandwich
Looks like amazing recipe. I would surely try this recipe sometime soon thanks for sharing this recipe.
My son loves veg mayo sandwich.. Will gonna follow this recipe and make sandwich for him tomorrow.
I love mayonese. It make veggies in sandwiches delicious and the mouth watering tutorial by you makes me crave for it.
That’s to true, the texture of mayo makes it delicious