Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce with step-by-step photos and video recipe.
Everyone in my family loves Indo Chinese food. It’s a great alternative to our regular Indian food that we eat on a daily basis. The best part is that it comes together in no time.
Hot Garlic Sauce is spicy and has a punch of garlic flavour. The vegetables in hot garlic sauce goes well with hakka noodles, veg fried rice and any other Indo Chinese main course.
My love for street style food is evident but when I feel in the mood to have some lip-smacking restaurant style food, this is one the recipes that I prefer to make. You can customize it as per taste and make it as spicy and garlicy as you like.
Right now, when restaurants are shut and we are restricted at home, all we can do it treat ourselves with fancy ambience and food at home. Set up your table fancy and make some delicious yet quick dinner to make yourself and your family feel special and better, in this otherwise gloomy and tough days. After all we all deserve a little bit of change.
This recipe of Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce is –
1. Easy and Quick to Make
2. Restaurant Style
3. Vegan & Gluten Free
4. Comes together in no time
5. Indo Chinese Recipe
Other Recipes –
Video Recipe –
How to prepare for Vegetables in hot Garlic Sauce –
This recipe needs a very less cooking time. The majority of time goes in prepping for it.
Wash and cut all the required vegetables. Keep all the sauces ready right before you start cooking.
How to make Veggies in Hot Garlic Sauce –
Heat oil, add ginger, garlic, green chillies and sesame seed. Add sliced onion followed by other vegetables. Flavour it with sauces.
Add water for the gravy and thicken it with slurry. Give it a quick boil and its ready. Serve hot.
Things to keep in mind while making Indo Chinese Gravy –
1. Cut all the vegetables and keep sauce ready right before cooking. Chinese is cooked on a high flame and requires you to be quick. Keeping ingredients handy helps a lot.
2. Adding slurry thickens the gravy, adding too much or too less will not give the right consistency.
3. Prepare the gravy just before serving as the gravy turns lumpy when cooled down.
4. If you want to serve later, add slurry while heating the gravy, just before serving and give a good mix.
5. Cut all the vegetables in equal size for even cooking.
6. Cook on a high flame and toss the vegetables to get good flavour.
7. Prepare sesame oil for best flavours.
8. Make sure to not loose the crunch of the vegetables.
9. Keep stirring after adding the slurry, make sure there are no lumps.
10. Lower the flame while adding sauces else keep the flame to high through out the cooking process.
11. Adjust sauces as per taste.
Step by Step Recipe of Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce –
1. Wash, peel and cut vegetables and keep them separately.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli. Cook for a min.
3. Next add sesame seeds and give it a mix.
4. Now add onions, carrot, corn and bell peppers.
5. Give everything a nice mix.
6. Cook on a high flame for 2-3 mins while tossing and mixing.
7. To flavour it add schezwan sauce, red chilli sauce, ketchup, vinegar, salt and pepper.
8. Mix everything well.
9. Add water and let it boil.
10. To thicken the gravy, add cornflour slurry (mix equal parts of water and cornflour together till no lumps).
11. Keep stirring and give it a boil and cook till you get desired consistency.
12. Make sure there are no lumps.
13. Finish it with spring onion greens.
14. Serve hot with the noodles or rice of your choice.
How to serve Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce –
This is a side dish main course recipe which goes well with any Asian noodles or rice.
You can also pin this recipe Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 1 Tsp Ginger, Green Chilli
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- 1 No. Sliced Onions (Small)
- 1 No. Diced Carrot (Small)
- 1 No. Diced Capsicum (Small)
- 1/4th Cup Sweet Corn
- 1 Cup Bell Peppers
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tsp Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- Water as required
- 2 Tsp Slurry (Cornflour + Water)
- Spring Onion Greens
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and keep them separately.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli. Cook for a min.
- Next add sesame seeds and give it a mix.
- Now add onions, carrot, corn and bell peppers.
- Give everything a nice mix.
- Cook on a high flame for 2-3 mins while tossing and mixing.
- To flavour it add schezwan sauce, red chilli sauce, ketchup, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well.
- Add water and let it boil.
- To thicken the gravy, add cornflour slurry (mix equal parts of water and cornflour together till no lumps).
- Keep stirring and give it a boil and cook till you get desired consistency.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Finish it with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot with the noodles or rice of your choice.