Whole wheat pizza
Of course, who will say “No” to this question, right??
But every time you think of having pizza your mind starts calculating calories that comes along with the oozing cheese and all such stuff.
What if you can make your own pizza at home, that too with whole wheat flour and homemade pizza sauce? Yes, you read it right, whole wheat pizza it is.
This recipe is not only for all those who love pizza and are concerned about gaining weight and then feeling guilty about having it not able to exercise after pleasing your taste buds but for all pizza lovers. Whole wheat flour and homemade pizza sauce makes this pizza a healthy meal. Top it with lots of veggies of your choice and the amount of cheese you like.
Serve hot with chilled coke 😉
Please you friends and family at home with this simple recipe.
Whole wheat flour – 2 Cups
Salt – ½ Tsp
Sugar – 1 Tsp
Dry active yeast – 1 Tsp
Luke warm water as required
Oil as required
Vegetables of your choice for topping
Grated mozzarella or processed Cheese
1. Take whole wheat flour, salt, sugar,spoonful of oil and dry active yeast in a mixing bowl & mix well.
2. Knead the mixture into soft dough taking lukewarm water in small quantities.
3. Apply oil over the dough and wrap it in a cling wrap. Rest the dough for minimum of 1 hour or until it increases to doubles its size.
4. After proofing the dough, knead it again.
5. Divide the dough into 2-3 equal size balls.
6. Preheat oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 15 mins.
7. Dust the rolling surface with dry flour and roll dough ball into a pizza disc.
8. Grease a baking tray. Place pizza over baking tray.
9. Spread pizza sauce over the pizza. Spread some grated cheese and veggies of your choice. I add onions, capsicum, tomatoes, black and geen olives.
10. Spread some more cheese on top if you like it to be cheesy.
11. Bake at 200 degrees for 15 – 18 mins. Check in between once after 10 mins.
12. Garnish with chili flakes, oregano, tabasco sauce or any serve it just like that with chilled coke.
Looks very interesting, need to try making it home sometime 🙂
Thanks. Do try and let me know how it came out.
Its really easy to make. 🙂
Can’t believe it’s a homemade pizza, looks delicious.
I am glad you liked it. 🙂
Its so easy to make and its healthy as well.
I follow u on insta too…n that pizza had me drooling over it…yumm..so I guess I know what’s that I wud be cooking soon.
That’s great to know. Do let me know how it came out.
cant wait to taste it..delicious.
Pizza looks yummy. I wish I could eat it from my phone only
Thanks for a lovely comment. I am glad. 🙂
Pizza looks delicious. I am trying this recipe for sure.
Lovely <3 I love pizza and skip it most often coz of the maida in it! This is such a pleasure to know the recipe for making it with whole wheat flour 🙂 defo trying it out this weekend!
I am glad you liked it. Do let know how it make out. 🙂
I can’t live without pizza and this seems such a good option over what is generally available in my favorite pizza joints. Great post! Can’t wait to try this at home!