Cheese Masala Macaroni
Masala Pasta with step-by-step photo and video recipe.
This recipe of cheese masala macaroni is the simplest pasta recipe which is spicy, tangy and cheesy. It can be served for lunch dinner or as a snack in between meals.
I prefer to enjoy it as a quick weekday dinner as its doesn’t take much time to cook and tastes delicious. It is a good option to have something different once a in a while and ditch your regular meal.
The onion and tomato masala along with spices, sauces make it spicy and tangy, cheese balances and gets all the flavours together making it so yummy and cheesy. I bet you cannot stop at one bite. This will leave you wanting more and more.
This recipe of Cheese Masala Macaroni is –
1. Spicy, Tangy & Cheesy
2. Easy to make
3. A simplest Indian pasta recipe
Video Recipe –
What kind of pasta to be used for this recipe –
You can use any small variety of pasta for this recipe like Macaroni, Fusilli, Conchiglie and Farfalle to name a few.
Macaroni pasta is the most easily available type of pasta in India. It is always available in my pantry and comes handy so I use it for this recipe.
How to Prepare for Cheese Masala Macaroni Pasta –
Boil macaroni pasta till al-dente.
Finely chop garlic, onion and tomatoes.
Grate the cheese and keep the other required ingredients ready.
How to boil Macaroni perfectly –
In a big sauce pan add water and let it boil. Check the ration for water and pasta at the back of the packet. It depends and varies from pasta to pasta.
Add salt and stir in. Next add macaroni and let it boil. Cook it for the time, mentioned at the back of the packet.
Make sure the pasta has still a bite to it i.e. al-dente. Do not overboil.
Once done strain immediately and save some pasta water for later use.
How to Make Masala Pasta at home –
Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and cook for a min. Next add onions and cook till translucent. Now add tomatoes and give a nice mix. Cover and cook till done nicely.
Flavour it with suggested spices, herbs and sauces. Next add grated cheese and give a nice mix.
Add a dash of water to adjust the consistency. Finally add boiled macaroni and mix well. Serve hot.
You may also like –
Things to remember while making Macaroni Pasta –
1. Boiling macaroni to perfection is very important. Do not overboil it.
2. Save pasta water and use it in the masala as the starch in the water helps coating the sauce well to pasta.
3. Do not pour cold water or oil over the pasta after boiling as it prevents the sauce to stick to the pasta.
4. Adjust consistency by adding pasta water. Due to the addition of cheese, it will thicken with time.
5. Do not overcook after adding cheese else it will turn leathery. Just let it melt.
Step by Step Instructions –
Boiling Pasta –
1. Add water in a sauce pan and allow it to boil. Add salt and macaroni.
2. Allow it to boil on a high flame till cooked well.
3. Strain excess water and save some for later use.
Preparing Masala –
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and cook for a min.
5. Now add onion and cook till translucent.
6. Next add tomatoes. Cover and cook till nicely done. Keep stirring in between.
7. Flavour the sauce with salt, red chilli flakes, mixed herbs, red chilli sauce and ketchup.
8. Give everything a nice mix.
9. Now add grated cheese and give it a nice mix, till it melts.
10. Add preserved pasta water to adjust the consistency of the sauce.
11. Finally add boiled pasta and give it a mix.
12. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves (optional).
13. Serve hot.
How to serve Macaroni Pasta –
This desi style of macaroni is a complete meal in itself. Serve it along with the soup of you choice. It also makes for a great lunchbox recipe.
If you try this recipe, please do let me know in the comment section. I would be happy to receive your feedback on my Social Media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Cheese Masala Macaroni
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tsp Ketchup
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- 2 Cups Boiled Macaroni
Boiling Pasta -
- Add water in a sauce pan and allow it to boil. Add salt and macaroni.
- Allow it to boil on a high flame till cooked well.
- Strain excess water and save some for later use.
Preparing Masala –
- Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and cook for a min.
- Now add onion and cook till translucent.
- Next add tomatoes. Cover and cook till nicely done. Keep stirring in between.
- Flavour the sauce with salt, red chilli flakes, mixed herbs, red chilli sauce and ketchup.
- Give everything a nice mix.
- Now add grated cheese and give it a nice mix, till it melts.
- Add preserved pasta water to adjust the consistency of the sauce.
- Finally add boiled pasta and give it a mix.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves (optional).
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply