Boondi Raita Recipe with step-by-step photo and video recipe.
We love to include raita in our daily meals. It is not only healthy but also make our meals delicious.
Raita prepared using fresh homemade curd has lots of probiotic and nutritional value. Having fresh yogurt on a daily basis improves gut health.
Our diet-plan or menu-plan differs from day to day. I try to keep on changing different raita recipes in our lunch menu.
Today I am sharing with you all, everyone’s all-time favorite, boondi raita recipe.
Boondi raita definitely makes appearance in Indian weddings. Shadi ka khana is incomplete without the serving of boondi ka raita. I am sharing the similar recipe here which I call it shadi wala boondi raita.
Since boondi ka raita is so versatile, it goes well with all kinds of pulao, biryani, jeera rice, chole bhature and even regular meals.
If you have fresh homemade boondi at home, it’s even better. Though if homemade boondi is not available you can also use store bought boondi.
If you like spicy food, you can try this raita with charkha (spicy) boondi which you can easily find at any store.
The best part about raita is, that is comes out it no time and makes for a great side dish.
Raita is refreshing specially in summers but if you use fresh homemade yogurt it is healthier to enjoy even in winters.
This recipe of Boondi Raita is –
1. Easy & Quick to make
2. Nutritious & Healthy
3. Improves gut health
4. Restaurant style
Video Recipe –
Find different raita recipes here –
How to prepare for Boondi Raita Recipe –
I prefer freshly prepared homemade curd/yogurt for making raita at home.
Make sure to prepare the curd, the night before, so that its set and ready to use the next day for lunch.
In case you don’t have homemade curd ready, you can use the store bought one.
Finely chop coriander and green chilli. Keep other ingredients ready.
How to make Boondi ka Raita at home –
To make bundi ka rayta at home, whisk yogurt well using fork or whisk.
Add water if required, to adjust the consistency. Next add coriander leaves, green chilli, black salt, raita masala (optional), roasted cumin powder and boondi.
Give everything a nice mix. Serve chilled or refrigerate it.
Things to keep in mind while making Boondi Raita Recipe –
1. Whisk curd well before adding anything else to it. The consistency should be creamy and smooth.
2. Use fresh curd for this recipe. Make sure the curd is not too sour, else raita will not taste good.
3. Adjust the consistency, do not keep it too thick or thin. Boondi will absorb the water content so keep the consistency accordingly.
4. Do not keep at room temperature for a longer time else it will turn sour in taste.
5. Deseed green chilies, if adding, else it will turn too spicy to handle.
Step by Step Recipe of Boondi Raita –
1. Take curd in a bowl, whisk it nicely to make it smooth and lump free.
2. To it add black salt, raita masala (optional), roasted cumin powder, green chilli and coriander leaves.
3. Mix everything well together.
4. Add water to adjust the consistency.
5. Finally add boondi and give it a mix.
6. Serve chilled.
How to serve Bundi Rayta –
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for detailed video recipes.
Boondi Ka Raita
- 1.5 Cups Curd
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Raita Masala (optional)
- Black Salt to taste (to taste)
- 1 No. Finely Chopped Green Chilli
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1/4 Cup Boondi
- Take curd in a bowl, whisk it nicely to make it smooth and lump free.
- To it add black salt, raita masala (optional), roasted cumin powder, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well together.
- Add water to adjust the consistency.
- Finally add boondi and give it a mix.
- Serve chilled.