Instant Dahi Vada
Instant Dahi Vada Recipe with step-by-step photo and video recipe.
I absolutely love dahi vada and I can have it without counting. It requires a lot of patience and efforts to make North Indian Style Dahi Bhalla at home, so I prefer to make these Instant Dahi Bhalla which comes out in no time and doesn’t require any pre planning.
I always have fresh yogurt (dahi) and tamarind chutney in my refrigerator which makes the job even easier. Whenever I crave for dahi bade I just make these Instant Suji Dahi Vada.
Indian street food especially chaat is everyone’s favorite. One of them is Dahi vada. Well, who can resist the soft and spongy vadas, topped with chilled curd, sweet and sour tamarind chutney, salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder. It’s a burst of flavours in each bite.
These chilled dahi bhalle makes for a perfect side dish or snack during summers. It also a healthier version of dahi vada, as it a no-fry recipe.
Well, this super quick and easy recipe is at your disposal to enjoy them any time you want.
This recipe of Sooji Dahi Vada is –
1. Easy & Quick to make
2. Healthy & tasty
4. Makes for a great side dish
5. No Fry Recipe
More Side Recipes –
Video Recipe –
How to prepare for Instant Dahi Vada Recipe –
Soak sooji in some water and curd, let it rest for half an hour.
Keep ready the curd (or get it store bought) and tamarind chutney.
How to make Instant Dahi Vada –
Once the suji is well soaked, add salt to taste and adjust the consistency.
Right before cooking, add eno and give it a gentle mix.
Heat oil in appe pan, pour the batter and cook on both sides till done.
Transfer the sooji vade in luke warm water and let it rest for some time. Squeeze out excess water and transfer to a bowl.
Top it with chilled curd, tamarind chutney, salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder. Serve chilled.
Things to keep in mind while making Instant Dahi Vada –
1. Soak the suji in water and curd for min of half an hour. This is help suji swell up giving it perfect consistency.
2. Cover and cook the appe pan and turn over when it done on one side.
3. Keep the temperature in check else the vade would turn leathery and would not turn soft as needed.
4. Transfer the hot vade into luke warm water for them to soak water well and turn softer.
5. Add eno or soda right before cooking the suji vada.
Step by Step Recipe of Instant Dahi Bhalla –
Soak Suji –
1. In a bowl add suji, curd, salt and water. Cover & let it soak for half an hour.
Cook Dahi Vada –
2. Right before cooking, add eno to the batter and give it a gentle mix.
3. Adjust the consistency, if required.
4. Heat oil in appe pan, pour the batter.
5. Cover and cook on a medium heat until it’s done from one side.
6. Turn over and cook on another side.
7. Meanwhile, heat the water in a large sauce pan, to luke warm.
8. Dip the hot vadas into the luke warm water.
9. Cover and let it rest until its well soaked.
10. Squeeze out the excess water, transfer to a bowl.
11. Top the vadas with lots of well whisked curd.
12. To it add tamarind chutney, salt, red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder.
13. Serve chilled.
How to serve Instant Dahi Vada –
Dahi vadas are my absolute favorite and I can gobble up a bowl full of it. It makes for a great side dish with the meal.
You can also serve it to the guests as a snack during summers.
If you try this recipe, please let me know your feedback in the comment section below. Also do share with us the pictures on Social Media Channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for detailed video recipes.
Instant Dahi Vada
- 1 Cup Suji
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 + 4 Cup + Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Eno
- Oil (as required)
- Tamarind Chutney
- Red Chilli Powder
- Roasted Cumin Powder
Soak Suji –
- In a bowl add suji, curd, salt and water. Let it soak for half an hour.
Cook Dahi Vada –
- Right before cooking, add eno to the batter and give it a gentle mix.
- Adjust the consistency, if required.
- Heat oil in appe pan, pour the batter.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat until it’s done from one side.
- Turn over and cook on another side.
- Meanwhile, heat the water in a large sauce pan, to luke warm.
- Dip the hot vadas into the luke warm water.
- Cover and let it rest until its well soaked.
- Squeeze out the excess water, transfer to a bowl.
- Top the vadas with lots of well whisked curd.
- To it add tamarind chutney, salt, red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder.
- Serve chilled.
Leave a Reply