Instant Rava Handvo Recipe
Instant Rava Handvo is a quick, delicious, and healthy breakfast recipe prepared using rava (sooji), bottle gourd(lauki/doodhi) and curd.
After I am done with my morning routine, I like to have my breakfast in peace while reading the newspaper. I have been a huge fan of parathas for breakfast for so long. A year back since I have started taking care of my body and health I prefer starting my day with something light and healthy.
Instant Rava Handvo fits the bill perfectly. It is healthy, simple and easy to make.
Rava handvo does not need any major planning so it can be prepared instantly. This makes for a perfect evening snack or light dinner as well. Rava handvo can also be packed in kid’s lunchbox as a quick snack.
Other preferred snacks that I make often are –
Instant Masala Fry Rava Idli Recipe
Video Recipe –
How to Prepare –
Rava handvo doesn’t need much efforts to prepare. Grate bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi). Mix it with rava (sooji) and curd and let it rest for 10 – 30 mins. Depending on the time you have in hand.
Rava will soak curd and water while resting, making it fluffy. Add water as required and salt.
You can also add other veggies of your choice.
How to Make Instant Rava Handvo –
Right before making, add fruit salt (eno) to the batter. Temper it with mustard seeds, sesame seeds and green chillies. Cook on both sides on a low flame till crisp brown.
Do a knife test (insert a knife in the handvo if it comes out clean this indicates it is done).
How to serve Rava Handvo –
Rava handvo makes for a great breakfast and a light dinner as well.
It can be paired with any dip of your choice. I like to serve it with mint-coriander chutney and ketchup.
Things to keep in mind while making Rava Handvo –
1. Make sure to soak the rava batter for atleast 15 mins. or more if you have time in hand. This will help in fluffing the handvo.
2. Cover and cook till its well done on one side and upper side is dried up. Do not flip over and again, else it will break.
3. Be careful and cautious while adding mustard seeds and sesame seeds, it will splutter a lot.
4. Cook on a low flame to ensure cooking from inside. Do a knife test to check if its well-cooked.
5. Add fruit salt right before making it else it won’t work.
Variations of Rava Handvo –
If get bored of eating handvo the same way, do a little variation each time.
Add grated beetroot and coconut to give different flavours.
You can also any puree like spinach puree, beetroot puree, methi leave puree to make it more nutritional and add different flavours to it.
Adding mix of vegetables also gives it a nice twist in flavours.
Step by Step Instant Rava Handvo Recipe –
1. In a mixing bowl add rava (sooji), lauki (bottle gourd), curd, salt and water.
2. Mix well. Let it rest for about 10 mins.
3. Rava/Sooji will absorb the water. Add water as required, to make a thick batter.
4. Add fruit salt (eno) just before making. Add 1 Tbsp of water and mix gently.
5. Fruit salt will help handvo to become soft and fluffy from inside.
6. Heat oil in a small non-stick pan or heavy bottom iron kadai.
7. Splutter mustard seeds. Add sesame seeds and finely chopped green chilli.
8. Add half portion of the batter. Cover and cook till crisp brown from one end. This might take about 8 – 10 mins on a low flame.
9. Using a sharp spatula transfer the handvo in a plate, the cooked side facing downwards (on the plate).
10. Repeat the tempering for the other side.
11. Flip, cover and cook on another side on a low flame till crisp brown.
12. Do a knife test to check if it is cooked well from within.
13. Serve hot with green chutney, sauce or dip of your choice.
If you try this recipe please do let me know in the comment section. I would be happy to receive your feedback on my Social Media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Instant Sooji Handvo
- Rava/Sooji - 1 Cup
- Bottle Gourd/ Lauki - 1/2 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Curd - 1/2 Cup
- Water as required
- Fruit Salt Eno - 1 Sachet
- Oil - 2 Tsp
- Mustard Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Chilli
- In a mixing bowl add rava (sooji), lauki (bottle gourd), curd, salt and water.
- Mix well. Let it rest for about 10 mins.
- Rava/Sooji will absorb the water. Add water as required, to make a thick batter.
- Add fruit salt (eno) just before making. Add 1 Tbsp of water and mix gently.
- Fruit salt will help handvo to become soft and fluffy from inside.
- Heat oil in a small non-stick pan or heavy bottom iron kadai.
- Splutter mustard seeds. Add sesame seeds and finely chopped green chilli.
- Add half portion of the batter. Cover and cook till crisp brown from one end. This might take about 8 – 10 mins on a low flame.
- Using a sharp spatula transfer the handvo in a plate, cooked side facing downwards (on the plate).
- Repeat the tempering for other side.
- Flip, cover and cook on other side on a low flame till crisp brown.
- Do a knife test to check if it is cooked well from within.
- Serve hot with green chutney, sauce or dip of your choice.
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog
posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last
stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i’m satisfied to convey
that I’ve a very just right uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed.
I so much definitely will make sure to do not fail to remember this web site and provides it a look regularly.
In my opinion, it is error.