Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Recipe, 5 Ingredient Pasta Recipe
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is the simplest of all pastas. It is very simple to make yet so delicious and flavourful pasta recipe. If a few things are taken care of nothing can go wrong to make this pasta tasty. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a comforting meal which does not need much time to prepare. I pair it with soup or cold drink as per mood along with garlic bread on the side to make it a complete meal.
This recipe of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a 5 ingredients recipe. The good quality ingredients can make or break this dish.
Pasta makes for a quick dinner after a long and tiring day or when some guests are arriving for lunch/dinner on short notice.
If I have time in hand I make Arrabiata Pasta Recipe which is also my favourite pasta.
Video Recipe –
Other recipes that you may like –
Buttery Basil Burnt Garlic Rice
How to Prepare –
Boil spaghetti pasta al-dente (cooked 80%). Peel and chop garlic. Finely chop basil or parsley as per taste. Traditionally parsley is added but I like basil.
How to make Spaghetti Aglio-e-Olio –
Cook garlic and chilli flakes in olive oil till it releases its aroma and flavours in it.
Next, add boiled pasta. Add salt, pepper and basil. Also, add reserved pasta water and mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins. Add parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Do not miss any ingredients to get the best flavour. Parmesan cheese gives a nice texture and flavour to this pasta and is highly recommended.
Things to keep in mind while making this recipe –
1. Make sure the spaghetti is cooked al-dente and not overdone.
2. Depending on the type of spaghetti, the cook time while vary. Check on the back of the packet to know the exact time to boil.
3. Adding chilli flakes and garlic in the oil, infuses the flavour, making it more delicious.
4. Toss the pasta in oil and do not over mix it.
5. Lower the flame after adding garlic and chilli flakes to get the maximum flavour.
6. Olive oil gives the best flavour to this recipe. However, if you do not have it in hand, you can use any vegetable oil instead.
Step by Step Spaghetti Pasta Recipe –
• Boil a litre of water in a saucepan. Add salt and pasta.
• Cook till pasta is done 80%. Do not overboil it.
• Reserve ½ a cup of pasta water to use later. The starch content in this water really enhances the pasta flavour.
• Strain excess water. Preserve some for later use.
• Coat well with oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
• While pasta is boiling, add olive oil in a pan.
• To it, add garlic and chilli flakes to oil (before it is heated).
• Cook for a min or till garlic starts to brown. This will help release the flavour of garlic and chilli flakes in oil.
• Next, add spaghetti pasta and toss well.
• Season it with salt, pepper and basil leaves. Mix well.
• Also, add the reserved pasta water. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins.
• Finally, add cheese and mix.
• Serve hot.
If you try this recipe please do let me know in the comment section. I would be happy to receive your feedback on my Social Media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
- Water as required
- Spaghetti Pasta - 200 gms
- Olive Oil – 1/4th Cup
- Peeled and Chopped Garlic – 2 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Flakes – 2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper – ¼ Tsp
- Basil leaves - handful
- Parmesan Cheese
- Boil a litre of water in a saucepan. Add salt and pasta.
- Cook till pasta is done 80%. Do not overboil it.
- Reserve ½ a cup of pasta water to use later. The starch content in this water really enhances the pasta flavor.
- Strain excess water.
- Coat well with oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
- While pasta is boiling, add olive oil in a pan.
- To it, add garlic and chilli flakes to oil (before it is heated).
- Cook for a min or till garlic starts to brown. This will help release the flavour of garlic and chilli flakes in oil.
- Next, add spaghetti pasta and toss well.
- Also, add the reserved pasta water. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Season it with salt, pepper and basil leaves. Mix well.
- Finally, add cheese and mix.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply