Mexican Salsa Recipe
Mexican Salsa Recipe with step-by-step photo and video recipe.
Salsa is a Mexican dip or sauce which is prepared in many ways using different ingredients. This is a fresh instant tomato salsa recipe.
Salsa also known as Pico de gallo, salsa fresca, salsa cruda, salsa verde is a famous sauce or dip from Mexican cuisine.
All the fresh ingredients make this tomato salsa so refreshing. It is spicy, tangy and chunky.
I am sharing this recipe of Mexican salsa without using food processor.
The freshly finely chopped onions, the chunks of tomatoes, freshly squeezed tomato juice and pulp along with jalapenos, red chilli powder, cumin powder, fresh coriander, lime juice and garlic make it so yum.
Salsa sauce is usually paired with Nachos. But we like to serve it as a dip with crisps, chips, khakhra, wraps, quesadillas and many other things.
It goes well with anything even with your desi dal chawal. Trust me, do try and let me know how you liked it.
More dips and chutney recipes –
Vada Pav Chutney
Video Recipe –
How to prepare for Mexican Salsa Recipe –
Peel and finely chop onion. I would suggest you to not use any chopper for this, chop it using knife for best texture.
Finely chop fresh tomatoes and cut 1 tomato into 2 halves for the fresh juice and pulp.
We would also need finely chopped garlic, coriander leaves, lime juice, jalapenos, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt for this easy salsa recipe.
How to Make Easiest and Best Ever Salsa Recipe –
To make the best salsa ever, it is important to use fresh ingredients available. It will not only give salsa an amazing texture but also a refreshing taste.
This is a recipe without using food processor. The labor of love that goes into making this salsa, will totally be worth it.
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients, squeeze out the tomato juice and scrape the pulp using fork (as shown in video). Mix everything well. Using fork, squeeze the salsa a bit more to get that perfect chunky texture.
Things to keep in mind to make perfect Mexican Salsa –
1. Use fresh ingredients, as much as possible. Though I have used preserved jalapenos, but prefer using fresh you find it.
2. Choose most pulpy and juicy fresh red tomatoes to get maximum juice out of them.
3. Squeeze out the fresh tomato juice using hands as much as possible and then scrape all the pulp. Discard the peel.
4. Do not use electric chopper to chop onion and tomatoes for this recipe. Chop them as much fine as you can using knife. That’s the key to get perfect texture.
5. Balance spicy and sour flavours as per taste.
6. Squeezing the juice from the tomatoes using fork will give it a nice chunky texture.
7. You can add more jalapenos if you like it spicy, or reduce the amount if you like it mild.
How to serve Salsa –
Due to the spicy and sour taste and its chunky texture, this salsa can be served with multiple dishes. Serve it with Mexican dishes –
You can also serve it with Indian dishes like –
As a spread or dip in wraps
As a side dish with Dal Chawal
How to preserve Salsa at home –
This salsa recipe stays fresh for upto 10 days in an air tight container.
Step by Step Mexican Salsa Recipe –
1. In a mixing bowl add finely chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, fresh coriander leaves and jalapenos.
2. Squeeze out the fresh tomato juice (as shown in the video), of half a tomato.
3. Scrap the remaining tomato pulp using fork, as much as possible. Discard the peel.
4. Next add salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and lime juice.
5. Mix everything well.
6. To get the prefect consistency, squeeze out the salsa using fork (watch video for better understanding), to bring out the juices and blend everything well together.
7. Serve chilled as a dip.
If you try this recipe please let me know your feedback in the comment section below. Also do share with us the pictures on Social Media Channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for future referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube for detailed video recipes.
Mexican Salsa Recipe
- 1/4th Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1 Tsp Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Jalapenos (or as per taste)
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- In a mixing bowl add finely chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, fresh coriander leaves and jalapenos.
- Squeeze out the fresh tomato juice (as shown in the video), of half a tomato.
- Scrap the remaining tomato pulp using fork, as much as possible. Discard the peel.
- Next add salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and lime juice.
- Mix everything well.
- To get the prefect consistency, squeeze out the salsa using fork (watch video for better understanding), to bring out the juices and blend everything well together.
- Serve chilled as a dip.
Leave a Reply