Tomato basil soup is rich in flavour and texture. The addition of basil gives this soup an amazing flavour. This recipe of soup is different than usually prepared soups at home.
Who says healthy food cannot be made tasty? This is one unique recipe of tomato basil soup which will leave everyone wanting for more. This is my favourite soup among all others.
Soup is the best medicine in winters for cold and cough and to fight with those small-small cravings in between meals of having something good to eat. One can have soup without being conscious about calorie count, infact this will help in weight loss as well.
This can be prepared with very few ingredients.
Preparation Time – 5 Mins
Cooking Time – 25 – 30 Mins
Serves – 2 – 3
• Tomatoes – 3 – 4 Nos.
• Basil – 12 – 15 Leaves
• Water as required
• Oil – 1 Tsp
• Salt to taste
• Black Pepper – 1 Tsp
• Milk – 1 Tbsp for garnish (optional)
• Cut tomatoes in round as shown in pic.
• Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
• Spread tomatoes in pan. Roughly chop basil leaves and place over tomatoes.
• Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or till tomatoes become soft.
• Add salt and black pepper.
• Turn over the tomatoes and cook uncovered till the water content is reduced and tomatoes are nicely roasted.
• Let it cool. Transfer tomatoes in a mixer jar.
• Take little water in the pan in which the tomatoes are roasted to get all the flavours in water.
• Add this water in the jar to help make a smooth puree.
• Blend tomatoes to make fine puree.
• Strain the puree in a container.
• Take the residual of strained tomatoes again in the same mixer jar.
• Add little water to make puree again.
• Blend again to get the maximum flavours out of extract.
• Strain again in the same container. This will help extracting all the flavours.
• Transfer the content in a sauce pan and allow to boil. Add water if required to get desired consistency.
• Garnish with milk/cream.(optional)
• Serve hot.